Recipe by TEAM MONACO
A simple and simply delicious preparation of broiled duck breasts that are unbelievably tender and moist...and quite spicy depending on your seasoning.
- 3 duck breasts
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 -3 teaspoons sambal oelek, to taste ((or more)
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons dark soy sauce (ketjap mani)
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 9 ounces rice stick noodles
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 3 1⁄2 ounces snow peas
Directions See How It's Made
- prick the duck breasts all over wit a fork.
- Mix together the garlic sambal oelek, honey, ketjap mani and five-spice powder and pour over the duck. Turn to coat and place them in a bowl or plastic zip lock bag and refrigerate for 3-24 hours.
- Prepare rice noodles according to package and drain well.
- Drain the duck and broil on a rack under high heat for about ten minutes, basting and turning occasionally .
- Heat the oils and toss the scallions and snow peas for 2 minutes. Sir in the remaining marinade and bring to a boil. Add the noodles.
- Serve on side of duck breast.