Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 4730.0 ml cubed zucchini
- 946.0 ml sliced onion
- 1 head cauliflower, separated flowerets
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 946.0 ml trimmed chopped green beans or 946.0 ml sliced peeled carrot
- 3 clove garlic, halved
- 118.29 ml salt
- 1419.54 ml sugar
- 1301.24 ml vinegar
- 118.29 ml water
- 29.58 ml mustard seeds
- 9.85 ml celery seeds
- 9.85 ml turmeric
- In a large mixing bowl or crock, combine all the vegetables, including the garlic.
- Sprinkle them with the salt; stir and let the vegetables stand three hours.
- Drain well.
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, water and spices in a large preserving kettle and heat to boiling.
- Stir in the vegetables and heat again to boiling.
- Pack the vegetables into clean, hot pint jars to within 1/2-inch of each jar's top.
- Pour in the hot liquid to within 1/2-inch of each top.
- Wipe off the tops and threads of the jars with a damp cloth.
- Put on prepared lids and seal as the manufacturer directs.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
I really really enjoyed this pickle mix!! I chose to use stoplight peppers instead of the green ones using 1/2 each of the red, orange, and yellow. I also used carrots and not green beans. This first batch, I put in a gallon glass jar and it was beautiful! This is a delicious recipe! Thanks you so much for sharing it Dancer!
These are wonderful! Everyone loves them. All I wanted to do was use up some of my zucchini...and I got lucky and found these. Thanks, Dancer!