Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 -6 cups mixed greens, cleaned, dried, and torn
- 4 -6 green onions, thinly sliced (include some green part)
- 1 -2 medium tomatoes, cored and cut into think wedges or sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, seed removed, immediately sprinkled with lemon juice juice and cut into think slices (optional)
- to taste blue cheese, Crumbled (optional) or to taste Roquefort cheese, at room temperature (for garnish) (optional)
- to taste crouton, Crisp toasted (for garnish) (optional)
Creamy Tomato Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup tomato soup, undiluted
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon tomato base chili sauce or 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 -3 drops hot pepper sauce, to taste (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup salad oil (canola, corn safflower, or a combination)
- to taste 35 % fresh cream
- Prepare greens, store in a sealed airtight plastic bag in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Arrange greens in individual salad bowls or on individual salad plates, dividing evenly.
- Top each with sliced green onions and tomato wedges or slices.
- Garnish each with crumbled blue or Roquefort cheese and/or crisp croutons, if desired.
- Pass Creamy Tomato Dressing.
- CREAMY TOMATO DRESSING Combine the first 9 to 11 ingredients together in a blender container.
- Cover and blend at medium speed for 30 seconds; uncover and with the motor at low speed, gradually add oil, blending until mixture is smooth and completely mixed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and increase motor speed to high; beat for 30 seconds.
- Store, tightly sealed, in an airtight glass container or jar in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- NOTE: May use about 1/4 to 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil and 1/3 to 1/2 cup other salad oil, if desired.
- The flavor of 3/4 cup olive oil is too intense for this dressing.
- VARIATION: May add 1/2 crumbled blue or Roquefort cheese to prepared dressing, if desired. Or, may add 1/2 cup crumbled cheese to dressing mixture while beating and then stir in 1/2 cup crumbled cheese after preparation, if desired.