Recipe by PanNan
This is a tasty treat. Crepes are common in Holland, both sweet and savory with sauces. The crepes can be made ahead and refrigerated. It's a wonderful way to use up leftover meat.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon butter (or broth for lower fat)
- 1 cup broth
- 1⁄2 lb left over meat (chicken, beef, pork, veal, etc., about 1 1/2 - 2 cups, chopped or shredded in very small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix crepe ingredients.
- Let stand for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Pour about 2-3 tbsp batter in 8" non-stick pan with hot butter or oil (you don't want them too thin- they'll need to be strong enough to hold the filling).
- Turn after the first side is just starting to brown.
- When the second side is just starting to brown, remove from pan.
- Set aside.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Sauté onion in butter (or broth).
- Add 1/2 cup broth, seasonings and meat.
- In a small bowl mix remaining broth and flour into a paste.
- Add to meat mixture, stir and add parsley.
- Place a few tablespoons of meat mixture on each crepe.
- You can either place it so you can roll them up, or just fold in half, or fold again into a wedge shape.
- Place on a heated plate and garnish with fresh parsley.