Rode Kool (Red Cabbage) Dutch recipe
photo by Linky
- Ready In:
- 1 head red cabbage
- 3 -4 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut and shred cabbage.
- Cook in a small amount of boiling water with salt, cloves and pepper for about 45 minutes.
- Don't let it boil dry, but don't add too much water.
- During the last 10 minutes of cooking time add the vinegar.
- Just before serving add the butter and seasoning.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow - this cabbage is soooo good! We eat red cabbage quite frequently, and I'll never buy a jar again. It really came together much faster than the recipe states, and tastes much better than the jarred stuff. I didn't find it too sweet or too sour - it was just perfect! I used apple cider vinegar. Maybe we're big eaters, but in our case this makes for four servings - the two of us ate about half of it. Thanks for posting - this is a keeper!
see 10 more reviews