Recipe by Outta Here
Quick and easy. A nice warmer-upper lunch for a winter day. Serve with a crusty French bread or rolls.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
I loved this soup!! The flavors are absolutely perfect and I had no need to adjust the seasonings. I ended up blending mine until smooth. I will definitely be making this often. Thank you! Made for ZWT0 and the Soup-A-Stars
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 medium green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups low-fat chicken broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans reduced-sodium diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch Oven over medium heat, melt margarine.
- Add green pepper, onion, garlic and 3 tablespoons of the broth. Cook, stirring, until onion is soft (about 10 minutes). If liquid begins to evaporate, add a little more broth.
- Add all remaining ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for at least 15 minutes, or until green pepper is tender and flavors are well blended.
- Serve hot.
- Soup will keep in refrigerator for 2-3 days and then reheated.