Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This tasty vinaigrette comes from the Cookin' Cajun Cooking School in New Orleans. We love it, especially made with Steen's Louisiana Cane Vinegar. Serve it over salad greens, chopped purple cabbage and chopped golden peppers for a "mardi gras" salad.
- 2 tablespoons creole mustard (or any grainy mustard)
- 2 tablespoons cane vinegar (or cider vinegar in a pinch)
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard and vinegar.
- Pour oil into mustard/vinegar mixture in a steady stream; whisking, until it is emulsified.
- Serve over simple salad greens and/or your choice of chopped raw vegetables.
- Refrigerate leftover dressing for up to one week.
Very good dressing!I used Creole whole-grain mustard, but I did not have cane vinegar here,so I subbed cider, as suggested, and we thought that it was an very delicious "full-bodied" dressing. I used it on a butter lettuce and cucumber salad. As hearty as this dressing is, I want to make it again, because I think that it would be great on a salad done with a spinach, or romaine lettuce base, with some red cabbage, and lots of sliced fresh veggies. Very tasty, and tangy, just how I like a dressing!