Savory and tender, this fish dish comes from the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Select a fish with firm flesh; clean skin and rub well with a slice of lemon.
- 2Melt butter; add onion and fish and cook until golden.
- 3Season with salt and pepper, add tomato juice, lemon rind, and pimiento.
- 4Cook slowly until fish is tender.
- 5Cook rice in boiling salted water until tender (about 15 minutes); drain well.
- 6Make a pile of rice on the platter, top with fish and pour the sauce over all.
- 7Garnish with lemon slices.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creole Fish
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.7
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 84.1 mg
- Sodium 227.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 33.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: