Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Savory and tender, this fish dish comes from the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Select a fish with firm flesh; clean skin and rub well with a slice of lemon.
- Melt butter; add onion and fish and cook until golden.
- Season with salt and pepper, add tomato juice, lemon rind, and pimiento.
- Cook slowly until fish is tender.
- Cook rice in boiling salted water until tender (about 15 minutes); drain well.
- Make a pile of rice on the platter, top with fish and pour the sauce over all.
- Garnish with lemon slices.