Recipe by Halcyon Eve
I found this on a website (which I unfortunately didn't note) with a lot of other "dump" chicken recipes. The idea is that you toss the chicken and the sauce ingredients into a freezer bad, freeze it, then thaw it and dump it all into a baking dish to cook it. We like this one pretty well. It smells much stronger than it tastes, though.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice (undrained)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces (I usually use 5-6 pieces, depending on size)
Directions See How It's Made
- For immediate cooking: Preheat oven to 350°F Place all ingredients into a large baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).
- For freezing: Place all ingredients into a 1-gallon freezer bag. Lay flat in freezer.
- To thaw and cook: Thaw completely. Preheat the oven to 350°F Empty the contents of the bag into a large baking dish and bake until the juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for chicken breasts).