Fast n' Easy Creole Chicken
A nice quick meal to enjoy when you are short on time! Goes nicely with some French bread, salad and dry white wine.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch strips
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Heinz chili sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Prepare deep skillet with non-stick cooking spray, if needed; preheat pan over high heat.
- Cook chicken in skillet for 3 to 5 minutes until no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, add tomatoes (with juice), chili sauce, bell pepper, celery, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, pepper flakes, and salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve chicken creole over steamed rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
We didn't like this AT ALL. I give it 2 stars because the directions were clear, and prep was very easy, but it was WAY too sweet. I didn't realize chili sauce was sweet, but it must be - I followed the directions exactly. Also, after simmering only 10 - 15 minutes, the veggies were still too crisp for my taste.
Absolutely DELICIOUS! I only have an hour for lunch, but even doing everything from scratch (chopping the veggies, cooking the rice, etc.), I had it on the table in half an hour. We like our meals spicy, so added a tablespoon of hot chili peppers instead of 1/4 teaspoon, and an entire bulb of garlic. Very scrumptious, but I don't think anyone at work appreciated us in the afternoon ...!!!