Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Beat egg yolks until slightly thickened.
- Gradually add sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Scald table cream and pour slowly into egg mixture, stirring.
- Add vanilla and pour into baking dishes.
- Set them in a pan with 1" of water and bake at 350 degrees for 45 mins to 1 hour.
- Test with clean knife.
- Can be prepared a day ahead.
- Sprinkle top with sugar and/or top with fresh sliced peaches or strawberries.
It isn't creme brulee if it doesn't have caramelized sugar on top.
Easy to make, just wasn't the sweet taste that I expected. I'm chilling two of the servings right now and will try broiling with sugar on top tomorrow.