- 7 ounces uncooked wild rice or 11 ounces cooked wild rice
- 53 ounces chicken stock
- 37 ounces half-and-half
- 13 ounces flour
- 13 ounces butter
- 11 ounces cubed ham
- 1 cup onion (yellow is the best)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces shredded carrots
- 6 ounces almonds
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions, ham and carrots in a stock pot until tender. Add the chicken stock, pepper and salt.
- Melt butter and add flour for roux in a double boiler for about 10 minutes. Bring the chicken broth to a boil. Then add the roux to the stock pot and stir until uniform.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then add cooked rice and almonds. Stir in half and half and simmer for 20 minutes.