Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
I took a recipe and added touches of my own-enough to call it my own! This is honestly one of my very favorite soups! It's rich with flavor and really warms you to the bone on a cold day.
creamy white chili
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans navy beans, with liquid
- 1 -2 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 4 ounces green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk or 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute the chicken with sea salt, onion and garlic in olive oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add beans, bullion, water, green chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and buttermilk. Serve immediately.
Made this for a non-traditional chili change for our annual Church's Chili night. It was such a hit! I even over did the chilis (used canned jalapenos, diced) so it was a bit on the spicy side and everyone (even those who aren't big on spice) wanted the recipe. Simple, quick, and oh, so tasty! It is a permanent addition to my repertoire and will be made again in the future for my family and for gatherings!