Recipe by byZula
This is very good. It tastes just like the packaged pudding. It's very sweet though; so you may want to decrease the sugar a bit.
Top Review by Mimpard
Thank you for posting this recipe! I found the same recipe on another site several years ago and the printed recipe has been posted on the inside of my cabinet for years. Not only is this a great pudding, and easy to make. IT IS ALSO A GLUTEN FREE RECIPE.. I've not bought a pudding mix since finding this recipe.
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk, divided
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 2 cups milk and salt in saucapan. Sprinkle sugar over milk; do not stir.
- Heat over medium-high flame.
- Quickly combine cornstarch with remaining milk.
- Add egg yolks. Mix well.
- When milk reaches a full boil, remove from heat.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture. Pudding will begin to thicken.
- Return to heat; cook for one minute.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and butter.
- Pour into serving dishes. Serve warm.
- Serves 4.