Gluten Free Grape-Nuts Cereal
photo by cxstitcher
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Mix well together in a large bowl and pour in a 15x12 baking pan.
- Pre-Heat the oven to 350 degrees and place in the oven.
- Stir the mixture every 15 minutes for 1 hour. You want the crummy dried texture of grape Nuts cereal. Take out of oven and cool.
- Second bake- If needed…. To finish if not dried enough) Put back in oven for another 30 minutes, stirring at the half way point. We have learned that you really have to watch the baking process, and toss the mixture every 15 minutes, you don't want it to burn.
- Cool and place the grape nut crumbs in sealed container .
- You can easily make this recipe dairy free by using the coconut oil in place of the butter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
12-14-2018 Update : I am gluten free, not by choice. I love to Bake, usually on Sunday afternoons when I am at home with my family after church. So...when I had to go gluten free... it changed my life. I felt like when one is gut punched. I have been in the kitchen with my mom since I was 12, learning from her. . I now had to learn how to cook & bake all over again. I had to learn how to bake GF, cook GF,...it was a huge challenge. Most of what I had learned for the last 40 years had to be adjusted. I gave up for a period of time, very discouraged. Now, I look forward to time for my baking... I have learned how to adjust and bake, making most recipes GF. We have raspberries, Rhubarb, Blueberries, and Marionberries out in our garden, so I have plenty of fruit to keep me busy in the spring and summer. I also enjoy making fresh jam for my family and being able to have it year round in the freezer. I live in the Pacific Northwest. I have the mountains, the beach, and high desert all within two hour drive. Time taken for trips to the Pacific Coastline renews me when I am worn out and stressed.? What I enjoy to do for fun is being outdoors, riding our motorcycle, camping and cruising when we can. I love the wildlife, a short hike in the woods is wonderful. I love to do hand stitching. I am recently working on Angel Of Hope. It's that time of year. Hummm....Pet Peeve, oh I have one. crazy as this is..... I hate cleaning up the counter and floured area after rolling out pie crust. But, I am pretty good making a great pie crust. :)