Recipe by Martini Guy
Garlic bread, tossed green salad and a glass of white zinfandel make for a nice dinner for two. Enjoy! From Taste of Home Magazine.
Top Review by whtbxrmom
Made this for dinner tonight. I used a white merlot that I had opened in the fridge for the wine, and reduced fat cream cheese. I'll also admit that I didn't measure the mushrooms and probably had more than called for but no one complained. Other than that, I followed the recipe to a T. It was enjoyed by everyone. Even DD who said "I don't want sauce on my fettuccine. I don't like onions or cooked tomatoes" asked if there was enough for her once she tried it.
Thanks for a very enjoyable meal!
- 1⁄2 lb ripe plum tomato, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons marsala wine or 2 tablespoons of chicken broth plus 1 tablespoon white grape juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 -5 ounces of uncooked fettuccine
- 3⁄4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Cook fettuccine according to package instructions.
- In a skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in the oil until tender.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
- Stir cream cheese into the tomato mixture until cream cheese is melted.
- Add mushroom mixture.
- Drain fettuccine, top with the sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Penne pasta would work well also.