Recipe by karen
I started looking for something to do with my frozen meat ravioli for dinner tonight. Some inspiration from a few Zaar recipes, combined with the ingredients in my pantry, resulted in a dish that I think worked great.
- 10 ounces frozen beef ravioli or 10 ounces cheese ravioli
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 baby portabella mushrooms, sliced (or crimini)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh shredded asiago cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook frozen ravioli according to package directions.
- Combine milk, pesto sauce and flour in small saucepan. Stir to combine well.
- Cook on medium heat, simmering until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- While sauce is heating, place pine nuts in a dry non-stick skillet. Heat over medium heat until toasted, watching them carefully so they don't burn. Remove pine nuts to small dish after toasting.
- In same skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat, and then add mushrooms and rosemary. Sauté until lightly browned.
- To serve, place ravioli in a medium bowl with sauce spooned over it. Top with mushrooms, pine nuts and asiago cheese.