Chef #1802786994's Note:
A creamy and delicious dish that tastes decadent, but is quick enough for a weeknight meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced lengthwise
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 16 ounces white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts, trimmed and filleted (makes 8 cutlets)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream or 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup marsala wine
- 4 fresh basil leaves, chiffonaded
- 10 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 1Melt 3 tbsp butter and 1 tsp sugar in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and sauteed until golden colored, stirring every couple of minutes.
- 2Move onions to the side of the pan, reduce heat to medium, and add mushrooms and garlic. Saute until mushrooms are beginning to brown. Remove onion, mushroom and garlic mixture from pan and set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, fill stockpot with water and 2 tbsp salt and let it come to a boil.
- 4Once water is boiling, add spaghetti and cook until al dente. Reserve a ladle full of pasta water for sauce. Drain pasta in colander.
- 5Add 1/2 tbsp oil to pan and saute prepared chicken cutlets until cooked through and lightly browned. Remove chicken to same plate as onion and mushroom mixture. .
- 6While pan is still hot, add wine and let the alcohol cook down, approximately 3 minutes. Scrape up the pan bits with a spatula.
- 7Reduce heat to just above medium low and add the cream, basil, tomatoes, reserved water, as well as salt and pepper to taste. Simmer, but do not let boil.
- 8Add the chicken, mushrooms, and onions back into sauce mixture. Lightly stir to incorporate.
- 9Serve over cooked pasta. Garnish with basil and grated Parmesean cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Mushroom Chicken in Caramelized Onion Marsala Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (880 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1376.5
- Calories from Fat 531
- Total Fat 59.0 g
- Saturated Fat 30.5 g
- Cholesterol 237.9 mg
- Sodium 3721.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 51.9 g