Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is so simple and so incredibly high in nutrition as well as intense flavour.
Make and share this Creamy Low Carb Tomato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup firm tofu, chunked (half pkg)
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 8 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Bring onion, garlic, salt, vegetable stock, chopped tomatoes, bay leaves, pepper and sugar to a boil. Cook for 35 minutes with lid on - at a medium boil.
- Remove from heat and blend with a blender or hand blender. Pass the soup through a mesh wire strainer - to remove the seeds, skin and extra pulp.
- Return to your pot and put your oil & tofu in - and rewhizz / blend to cream the tofu -.
- Return to the heat to warm slightly and serve.