Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is so simple and so incredibly high in nutrition as well as intense flavour.
- 1⁄2 cup firm tofu, chunked (half pkg)
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 8 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Bring onion, garlic, salt, vegetable stock, chopped tomatoes, bay leaves, pepper and sugar to a boil. Cook for 35 minutes with lid on - at a medium boil.
- Remove from heat and blend with a blender or hand blender. Pass the soup through a mesh wire strainer - to remove the seeds, skin and extra pulp.
- Return to your pot and put your oil & tofu in - and rewhizz / blend to cream the tofu -.
- Return to the heat to warm slightly and serve.