Tomato Basil Spaghetti Squash Bake
photo by Erika W.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 small bunch basil
- 1 handful Baby Spinach
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 4 ounces herb and garlic goat cheese (chevre)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds.
- Place on a cookie sheet, cut side up.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake 45 minutes. Larger squashes might need 60 minutes.
- Allow squash to cool enough to handle.
- With a fork, scrape all the squash strands into a 7 x 11 baking dish.
- In a food processor, pulse together the basil, tomatoes, and spinach until it is the consistency of a chunky salsa. Don't over-process.
- Combine tomato mixture into the squash.
- Crumble the goat cheese over the squash mixture and lightly toss to distribute.
- Slice the mozzarella and place slices over the top of the squash.
- Bake 30 minutes, uncovered.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!