Recipe by AZPARZYCH
From the Yahoo Shine email; recipe originally from Better Homes and Gardens.
Top Review by Mindy H.
Added saute onion & garlic to frozen chunks of ham. Served with a savory onion-cheese bread. Never thought a cream sauce made from yogurt, mustard & nutmeg (things always on hand!) could taste so wonderful.
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces or 8 ounces one 9-ounce packaged frozen cut green beans
- 6 ounces packaged dried bow-tie pasta, multicolored elbow macaroni or 6 ounces gemelli pasta
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (such as shiitake, crimini, brown, or button)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) carton plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped cooked pancetta (2 ounces) or 1⁄4 cup ham (2 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- If using fresh green beans, cook in a covered saucepan in a small amount of boiling water for 20 to 25 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook pasta according to package directions, adding the mushrooms, frozen green beans (if using), and green onion during the last 4 to 5 minutes of cooking. Drain pasta and vegetables in a colander. Set pasta mixture aside.
- For sauce, in the same large saucepan stir together yogurt, flour, mustard, nutmeg, and pepper. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in pasta mixture, cooked fresh green beans (if using), and pancetta or ham. Heat through. To serve, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.