Fiesta Chicken Pasta
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
posted for safe keeping. originally from better homes and gardens-with a few changes. cheesy yummy spicy goodness. i also sometimes just use the small shell pasta without stuffing them.
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) package dried jumbo shell macaroni
- 2 large green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can fiesta corn
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup green onion, diced
- 2 cups nacho cheese flavored chips, crushed
- guacamole, sour cream, cilantro (optional)
- preheat oven to 350.
- cook pasta for about 8-10 minutes rinse and drain. set aside.
- in skillet, cook peppers and jalapeno in hot oil over med. heat for 5 minutes.
- stir in chicken, black beans, corn, seasoning mix, and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce. cook for 5 mins, stirring twice.
- stir in 1/2 cup of cheese and 1/2 cup of green onions until blended.
- spread 1 cup of enchilada sauce in a 3 quart rectangular baking dish. divide filling among shells and put on top of sauce.
- drizzle with remaining 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.
- bake, covered, for 30 minutes.
- uncover, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake for 5-8 mins longer.
- top entire dish with chips and remaining 1/2 cup green onions.
- serve with guacamole, sour cream and/ or cilantro.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this several days ago when we had a couple of dinner guests & it was a terrific hit, though next time I might just opt for the more easily assembled small shell pasta dish & use some of the shredded chicken that I always have in the freezer! Thanks for sharing a great recipe keeper! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]Reply