Cajun Shrimp and Sausage Boil With Garlic Mayo
photo by Boo Chef in West Te
- Ready In:
- 1 (3 ounce) bag shrimp or (3 ounce) bag crab boil
- 3 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 lbs new potatoes
- 5 ears corn
- 2 lbs smoked link sausage
- 4 lbs large unpeeled shrimp
- 4 lemons
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated fat-free liquid egg product
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- Husk corn and cut into 2-3 pieces each.
- In a large 12-16 gallon pot, bring 2 gallons of water to boiling.
- Add shrimp or crab boil and Old Bay seasoning, reduce heat.
- simmer, uncovered 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes, a few at a time, allowing water to continue to simmer.
- Simmer 7-10 minutes.
- Add corn, simmer another 5 minutes.
- Cut sausage into 2-3" pieces; add sausage and shrimp.
- Simmer 3-5 minutes until shrimp are opaque (do not overcook).
- Transfer to a large platter.
- Garnish with lemon halves and parsley, if desired.
- Serve with garlic mayo.
- For mayo:.
- In medium bowl, combine egg product, lemon juice, salt, and mustard. Whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in oil 1 T at a time; whisk constantly, about 7 minutes. When you feel that your arm might fall off, the mixture should be thickened.
- Finely chop garlic. Add a pinch of salt and rub with the side of a knife until the garlic becomes a paste. Add paste to mayo.
- Add 1 T boiling water to mayo; let stand 2 minutes; stir into the mayo.
- Refrigerate, covered, up to 3 days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!