Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delight for Feta cheese lovers.
Make and share this Creamy Greek Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, cut in chunks
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup black olives
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- Using food processor, blend the egg, garlic, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, tabasco sauce, garlic, dry mustard, 2 Tbsp Feta, salt and pepper.
- With motor running, drizzle oil through the feed tube and process until mixture is thick. Set aside.
- Place lettuce in large salad bowl, add the tomato, cucumber, onion and olives.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- I now use 1/3 cup Egg Beater or similar to replace the egg.
- Have extra Feta on hand. I always sprinkle more on my salad.
My kind of salad, I loved, loved!! the dressing. The feta is such a terrific change, and well excepted by everyone around the table. I let sit in the fridge overnight, and stirred again the next day, and boy...the seasonings had blended so well, I could of eaten with a spoon, (the dressing!) I used garden fresh baby greens, and all the components, but the real star is the dressing! Thanks! Made for ZWT6 Zee Zesties!
I did my own salad here with iceberg, red pepper, avocado and egg etc and used the yummy dressing from this recipe as I was keen to see how it would go with blending up the feta - great dressing, easy to do and a bit different too. Made for ZWT6.