Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy to make with ingredients most cooks have on hand. We like this on romaine lettuce with sliced garden tomatoes. Adjust mayo base amount substituting a little sour cream if desired. If dressing seems too thick, thin with a little milk or cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine first seven ingredients, mixing until blended.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Whip well and chill thoroughly.
I really liked this dressing. I was looking for a very thick garlic dressing like I have had in some restaurants. This recipe worked out well. Next time I make it, I may try adding some fresh minced garlic. But the recipe as written is wonderful also.