Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great way to enjoy cabbage. Baking is optional; I do it cuz I like to brown the top a little. :)
- 1 head green cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 4 -5 tablespoons light cream (or milk)
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or mild cheese)
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook cabbage and onion until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- In the empty hot pot, whisk together cream, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, nutmeg, salt, pepper and celery seed. Stir over low heat until cheeses are melted; remove from heat.
- Add drained cabbage mixture back to the pot with the sauce. Toss to coat well.
- To serve right away: Place in a serving bowl and drizzle with the melted butter.
- To bake and brown the top: Place in a greased casserole dish, drizzle with melted butter, and bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes or until top is lightly browned.