Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A really nice recipe for summer ingredients. Very healthy, very satisfying. And easy!
Make and share this Creamy Corned Zucchini and Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 zucchini (large)
- 2 cups corn (fresh, canned, or thawed from frozen)
- 1⁄2 white onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (I use homemade jalapeno-infused, gives the dish a little kick)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 ounces goat cheese (soft, or cream cheese could be substituted though goat is better)
- Clean and small dice zucchini, onion, and pepper.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add onion, cook until onions are clear but not browned.
- Add zucchini, pepper, corn, and spices, cook over medium high while stirring often, until desired tenderness.
- Add goat cheese, stir until the cheese it melted and evenly distributed.
Fabulous use of summer veggies! I used fresh leftover corn on the cob for this. I only had a green bell pepper, so my finished product was not as colorful as if I used the red bell pepper. Still tasted great, though. I liked your idea of using jalepeno-infused oil, but since I had none, I added some red pepper flakes for that "kick." IMO, the goat cheese is a must.... the cream cheese would be just ok, but the goat cheese brings the flavor!!! Thanx for posting this!
I've made a couple of modifications to "veganize" this recipe, turned out great! Substituted Avocado for the cheese and olive oil as a healthier alternative to the Canola. Also added a tiny splash of balsamic! Heaven! (another little tip, we grilled the veggies including the corn, adds great flavour!)
This recipe has beautiful colors and flavors. I needed to use 3 ears of corn to get 2 cups of corn, but I'm sure it depends on the size of your ears of corn! I enjoyed the taste without the goat cheese....in fact, I think I might prefer it that way. This makes enough for at least 6 servings, so make sure you reduce the amounts accordingly! Over all, this is a very enjoyable recipe. I wish I had put some away before adding the goat cheese, and wish I had quartered the recipe, since I have so much leftover. But since it is very tasty, I'm sure I'll find ways to reuse it! Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR tag.