This is my grandmothers recipe. Everyone asks me to bring it for pot lucks. The trick was always the pickle juice. If you dont care for one of the vegetables just omit it and top up with another. This will serve 8 as a side salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 head cabbage, grated
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 small onions, finely chopped or 3 green onions
- 2 radishes, very finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, very finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1Chop and mix all veggies in a medium size bowl.
- 2Prepare dressing and stir into slaw.
- 3Season to taste.
- 4Best if left to sit overnight so juices drain into dressing but is still good the first day.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 28.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet pickle juice