Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This pudding is very easy and delicious and I've made it many times. The best part is it's rich and creamy and tastes fattening, but it's LOWFAT!!!
- Sift all dry ingredients together in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Place mixture in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in just enough milk to create a smooth paste. (I use a wire whisk).
- Gradually mix in remaining milk.
- Cook over medium heat and stir slowly and constantly until mixture thickens and starts to boil. Let it boil another 30 seconds or so, gently stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and gently stir in vanilla.
- Pour pudding into 3 or 4 dessert dishes and chill until set, about 4 hours.
I made this with skim milk and some extra vanilla. It had a very rich, creamy chocolate full mouth taste. It may be so long Jello I'll do it myself!!! Good recipe Meryl.
YUMMO!! My hubby has been begging me to make pudding for about a week now and I have been putting him off b/c I didn't want to buy a box mix. I am sure glad I decided to try this!! I sent him outside with the kiddos while I stirred this together, and I have not called them in yet because I am enjoying a yummy bowl right now! Very creamy and chocolaty!! I didn't add the coffee and I used 2% milk and it is deelish!!
Tasted too sweet to me. Made it again with just the half cup sugar and omitted the additional 2 tablespoons, and it was perfect! Easy with amazing taste and texture!