1/2 Photos of Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
I had to write this down fast before I forgot how I came up with this. I got a tip from a can of refried beans to use it as a base for soups. I love tortilla soup but it can sometimes be loaded in calories. Using refried beans not only thickens the soup, but saves calories on any added cheese or tortillas used to do the same. Taking a few cans out of the pantry makes very quick, easy, and delicious soup. Check out my vegetarian version which is just as yummy. A great way to use up the crushed up tortilla chips at the bottom of the bag.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans, non-fat
- 1/2 cup corn (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded (can use more or less)
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- corn tortilla strips or chips
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1Combine tomatoes, broth, beans and corn in medium saucepan.
- 2Stir together and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce and bring to a simmer, add chicken and heat through.
- 4Turn off heat and stir in cilantro.
- 5Top each bowl of soup with cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.8
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 1364.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 18.8 g