Recipe by Dragonfly AZ
Comfort food with a twist. Try the biscuits as a dumpling on top of any chicken stew!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil until very hot. Add chicken and 1/4 tsp salt and cook until chicken is done. Remove chicken to bowl.
- Add carrot, celery, bell pepper, onion and 1/4 tsp salt to skillet. Cook, stirring frequently until vegetables are tender.
- Whisk together milk and flour.
- Return chicken to pot. Add corn, peas, and milk mixture. Cook over high heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Mix all ingredients. Spray cookie sheet with baking spray. Spread 1/4 of the dough into 4 mounds about 3 inches apart, smoothing into about 3 inch rounds. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until done.
- To serve, cut biscuits in half. Place bottom half in bowl, spoon warm stew over and top with other half of biscuit.