Recipe by Marie
This is an awesome dish - boneless chicken strips cooked in a creamy pesto parmesan sauce and served over linguine.
Top Review by Joanne M.
I decided to try this because it was easy and I had some home made basil pesto I needed to use. This dish was AWESOME! Easy and what flavor! I followed the recipe exactly as stated and I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for posting this!
- 1 lb linguine, cooked to package directions
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pesto sauce
- 3 cups half-and-half (or heavy cream)
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in oil in skillet.
- Season chicken strips with garlic powder and black pepper and add to skillet with onion/garlic mixture.
- When chicken is done, stir in pesto sauce, then add cream and parmesan cheese.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Drain cooked linguine and serve chicken and sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.