Recipe by Daydasa
This recipe comes from my Cooking Pleasures magazine.I've cooked it up many times and it is a very tasty dish. I omit the mushrooms in the recipe, but I'm posting the recipe as printed. Enjoy...
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced plum tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups shredded swiss cheese or 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9 inch pan. Melt 2 Tablespoons of the butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onions and garlic; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are transparent. Add tomates, mushrooms, tarragon, basil, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Simmer 4 to 6 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in chicken.
- Melt remaining 3 Tablespoons butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and remaining 1 teaspoon salt; cook 2 minutes. Stir in half and half; cook and stir 5 to 6 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in wine; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Spoon one-third of the tomato sauce into the bottom of pan. Cover with one-third of the white sauce. Top with 1 cup of the Swiss cheese; cover with one-half of the lasgana noodles. Repeat. Top with final one-third of the red sauce and white sauce and remaining 1 cup Swiss cheese; sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through and light and golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes.