Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Non-fat version of creamy chicken enchiladas, but lots of great flavor. My family ate it all up! Plus, super quick and easy to make. Cleaning the food processor was the most time consuming part!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 10 ounces torn spinach
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups light sour cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 4 ounces diced green chili peppers
- 8 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, reduced fat works too
- In a 3-quart saucepan place chicken in enough water to cover.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from saucepan.
- Break apart into pieces.
- Place in food processor.
- Place spinach in 1 cup boiling water.
- Cook for 4 minutes.
- Then drain well.
- In food processor, place spinach, chicken and onion and pulse a couple times to blend.
- In a bowl combine sour cream, flour, cumin, and salt.
- Stir in milk and chili peppers.
- Divide sauce in half.
- Set one portion aside.
- For filling, combine one portion of the sauce and place in processor with the chicken-spinach mixture, pulse.
- Divide the filling among the tortillas.
- Roll up tortillas.
- Place, seam side down, in lightly-greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Spoon reserved portion of sauce over tortillas.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350F oven about 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- To serve, if desired, garnish with chopped tomato, cilantro or salsa and additional green onion.
- Makes 8 enchiladas.
- Serve with rice.
We liked this recipe a lot. The only issue I had is that I like more sauce on top. So I'm thinking that I'll increase the sauce next time. But that will make it too many calories. I'll probably just thin the sauce out a bit more soupy. Not sure yet, but it is a keeper.