Recipe by Lingering_Dream
Creamy, filling, tasty and easy. That's what I love about it! This chowder is wonderful comfort food and perfect on a cold night. Would go great with crusty bread. Note: For those with gluten intolerances, just substitute gluten free flour for regular flour.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄3 cups red potatoes, cubed and peeled
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons flour (use Gluten Free flour if needed)
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk (I use Skim)
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cooked and cubed (I like to season the chicken with salt and pepper before cooking it)
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, potato, corn, garlic, thyme, and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Then reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually add to the vegetable mixture.
- Bring mixture to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Reduce heat, then stir in cheese until melted.
- Add the cooked chicken and keep the heat on low until everything is heated through.
- Add salt to taste, and then it's ready to serve!