1/4 Photos of Creamy Chicken Casserole Low Cal, Low Fat
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon non-fat powdered milk
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mushroom, Sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- 3 cups rice, Cooked
- 2 1/2 cups chicken, cubed, cooked
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, Chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a medium saucepan, combine flour and powdered milk.
- 3Slowly add skim milk, stirring to blend.
- 4Cook over medium heat until sauce thickens, stirring constantly.
- 5Add salt, pepper, marjoram and thyme, set aside.
- 6In a large non-stick skillet over low heat, cook celery and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon broth until tender.
- 7Stir in rice, 1 cup broth, chicken and sauce.
- 8Pour into a shallow casserole.
- 9Sprinkle with parsley (and almonds).
- 10Bake, covered 35 minutes; remove lid and bake about 10 minutes longer or until bubbling.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken Casserole Low Cal, Low Fat
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.3
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 281.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: