Peanut Butter Cookies (Low Cal, Low Fat, High Taste!)
The cookies use unsweetened applesauce instead of oil or butter thus keeping them ultra low in fat! Great for those who are trying to reduce both fats and calories.... but crave fresh baked goods! Simple to prepare.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute (that measures 1 ( 1 ratio to sugar)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup light peanut butter (crunchy gives more texture)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white (from large egg)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Spray cookie sheets with a now calorie non-stick spray.
- Sift together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly combine all remaining ingredients.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until well blended.
- Shape 3/4 inch balls and place balls at least 1 inch apart from each other.
- Dip a fork in flour and gently flatten each ball with fork in crisscross pattern
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I liked these. Mind you, I didn't have any sugar substitute, so I used golden caster sugar, no doubt eliminating much of the low calorie feature! I made 20 cookies from the mix and the cookies joined up a bit in the oven, so I think I should have made 24. I found the dough was a bit like marzipan paste to work with and not gooey at all. I cooked them for about 12 minutes until the outside edges were becoming darker. Mine are crisp on the edges and outside and chewy in the centre. Thank you for posting this recipe - the cookies are quick and easy to make and delicious!Reply