1/1 Photo of Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup (Crock Pot)
7 hrs 10 mins
From Betty Crocker -- Slow Cooker recipes. NOTE: Posted as written, however, I cook the rice separately usually the night before if it is a work day, refrigerate the rice and then add it during the last 15-20 minutes to avoid mushy rice!
My Private Note
crock p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces (5 thighs)
- 1/2 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped (fresh or frozen is fine)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups frozen sliced carrots
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1Place chicken in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. In large bowl, mix wild rice, onions, soup, broth and carrots; pour over chicken.
- 2Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- 3Stir in half-and-half. Increase heat setting to High.
- 4Cover; cook 15 to 30 minutes longer or until hot.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.5
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 62.2 mg
- Sodium 453.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 14.9 g