From Betty Crocker -- Slow Cooker recipes. NOTE: Posted as written, however, I cook the rice separately usually the night before if it is a work day, refrigerate the rice and then add it during the last 15-20 minutes to avoid mushy rice!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces (5 thighs)
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped (fresh or frozen is fine)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups frozen sliced carrots
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Place chicken in 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. In large bowl, mix wild rice, onions, soup, broth and carrots; pour over chicken.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- Stir in half-and-half. Increase heat setting to High.
- Cover; cook 15 to 30 minutes longer or until hot.