Creamy Soy Curl Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Adapted from http://tiphero.com/creamy-chicken-wild-rice-soup/
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 3⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 bay leaf (depending on strength)
- 8 cups vegetable broth (use Better Than Bouillon No Chicken)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb dried textured vegetable protein (soy curls)
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- Rinse the rice under running water. In a 5-½ quart slow cooker, place uncooked rice, onions, carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaf, broth, water, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
- Rehydrate soy curls in broth until soft, drain and squeeze out water. Dice into bite sized pieces. Mix with rosemary and lemon juice and saute in olive oil until browned.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the flour and cook for one minute. Whisk the mixture slowly while adding the milk, whisking to remove all lumps and until sauce has thickened and become creamy.
- Add the bechemel sauce and cooked soy curls to the slow cooker, stirring to combine. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Let sit 5 minutes, soup will thicken as it stands.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION