Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This dish was improvised one snowy day. My son loves this hearty soup.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tomatoes (finely chopped (I peel them first)
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot (sliced on the diagonal)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup wild rice or 1 cup wild rice mix
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (optional)
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute the parsley, onion, tomatoes, garlic, carrot, and spices until onion is tender.
- Add the chicken broth, rice and chicken peices. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cover. Simmer about 45 minutes. (Add more water if soup becomes thicker than you like).
- Remove chicken. Cool slightly and remove meat from bones. Add cut up chicken back into soup.
- Add the peas and white wine.
- Let simmer additional 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION