Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy to put together casserole with a wonderfully creamy sauce. Great with a crusty bread and a glass of white wine
- 2 cups rotini pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 -3 pinches ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 10 round buttery crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour a tablespoon at a time and stir until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Bring to a low boil, and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheddar cheese until melted.
- Stir in cream cheese and until melted.
- Add wine, and season with mustard, nutmeg and salt.
- Pour cooked noodles in pan.
- Layer chicken pieces over the noodles.
- Pour sauce over the chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix the cracker crumbs, parmesan cheese and butter, and sprinkle over the sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until edges of casserole are bubbling.
- Remove from oven, and stir to thoroughly coat pasta and chicken and to keep top of casserole from hardening.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.