Easy to put together casserole with a wonderfully creamy sauce. Great with a crusty bread and a glass of white wine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups rotini pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 -3 pinches ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 10 round buttery crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2Lightly spray a 9x13" pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- 3Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- 4Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- 5Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 6Add flour a tablespoon at a time and stir until smooth.
- 7Gradually stir in milk.
- 8Bring to a low boil, and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- 9Remove from heat and stir in cheddar cheese until melted.
- 10Stir in cream cheese and until melted.
- 11Add wine, and season with mustard, nutmeg and salt.
- 12Pour cooked noodles in pan.
- 13Layer chicken pieces over the noodles.
- 14Pour sauce over the chicken.
- 15In a small bowl, mix the cracker crumbs, parmesan cheese and butter, and sprinkle over the sauce.
- 16Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until edges of casserole are bubbling.
- 17Remove from oven, and stir to thoroughly coat pasta and chicken and to keep top of casserole from hardening.
- 18Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken and Rotini Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 747.9
- Calories from Fat 440
- Total Fat 48.9 g
- Saturated Fat 28.9 g
- Cholesterol 171.0 mg
- Sodium 888.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 37.0 g