Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I recently went through some old cookbooks to spice up dinner and found this one. It is from the cookbook Favorite Brand Name Casseroles. My family really liked this one.
- 1 (6 ounce) package egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and cut into 1-inch pieces (3/4 pound)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F Prepare egg noodles according to package directions; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook and stir 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Add spinach, chicken, mushrooms and cooked noodles; stir to combine.
- Combine cheese, sour cream, half-and-half, eggs and salt in medium bowl; blend well.
- Add cheese mixture to chicken mixture; stir to combine. Pour into 13x9-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake, covered, 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with red onion and fresh spinach, if desired.
Made this for PAC. Great dish! I did it all on the stovetop as I was in a hurry. Cooked the chicken in a large skillet and just did the rest in that pan. The kids didn't even complain about eat spinach. Great comfort food. Thanks for posting!