In this sophistacted cousin to the corn tortilla nacho, a creamy blend of chopped chicken and cream cheese is apiced with jalapeno. Lots of grated Jack chsse is folded in, and the all is baked on pita bread until melted and puffed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, poached and diced
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 pita bread, cut
- 6 pita bread, separated into rounds
- 1preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2combine the chicken, cream cheese, jalapeno peppers, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and grated cheese in a large mixer bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3spread each pita round with a generous amount of the filling. Place on cookie sheets and bake until puffed and bubbling, 5 - 7 minutes. Immediately cut into wedges and serve in a napkin-lined basket.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Chicken and Jalapeno Nachos from Silver Palate
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.1
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 39.5 mg
- Sodium 392.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 10.7 g