Recipe by hpitler
In this sophistacted cousin to the corn tortilla nacho, a creamy blend of chopped chicken and cream cheese is apiced with jalapeno. Lots of grated Jack chsse is folded in, and the all is baked on pita bread until melted and puffed.
Top Review by Margie99
These were great. I used tortilla chips because that is what we had. The flavor combination was just great. I ended up adding a can of cream of chicken soup simply because the mixture was too thick to spread on the chips-they broke too easily. I also didn't use the jalapeno because we have toddlers and we just aren't fond of hot things. We will be making these again. They were even great the next day as leftovers. MMMmmm.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, poached and diced
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 pita bread, cut
- 6 pita bread, separated into rounds
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- combine the chicken, cream cheese, jalapeno peppers, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and grated cheese in a large mixer bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- spread each pita round with a generous amount of the filling. Place on cookie sheets and bake until puffed and bubbling, 5 - 7 minutes. Immediately cut into wedges and serve in a napkin-lined basket.