If you've been looking for a different taste option for a chicken pot-pie type of meal, here's the recipe! This recipe comes from my Grandmother, who has been taking this one to potlucks and reunions ongoing! Always a crowd-pleaser.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Spray bottom and sides of 11x9" baking dish with Pam.
- Heat butter in a skillet till melted, Saute chopped onion till tender.
- Combine onion, chicken, soup, sour cream, milk and pimento in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle baked layer with 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Arrange biscuits in single layer on top.
- Sprinkle biscuits with remaining cheddar.
- Bake until biscuits turn golden brown and the sauce is bubbly (about 20 minutes longer).
- Serve immediately.