Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is different from the other cabbage soups posted.
Make and share this Creamy Cabbage Soup recipe from Food.com.
- In a stockpot or Dutch oven, saute onions and garlic until softened.
- Add cabbage, potatoes, ham and paprika.
- Pour in chicken broth, and add a little water if needed to cover ham and vegetables.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain, reserving liquid. Set aside cabbage, potatoes and ham in a bowl.
- With the butter and flour make a roux in your stockpot or Dutch oven. Slowly add reserved liquid, stirring constantly over medium heat until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the cooked vegetables and meat and simmer a few minutes to heat through.
Very good, so good my GD and I polished off the pot (and it was a big one) between the two of us. I did add one grated carrot for a touch of color. Made for RS#46.
just what we needed for a cooler Spring day and a great way to use up my leftover ham I had in the freezer, we really enjoyed this wonderful soup, I did a few amount adjustments and also added crushed chili flakes, thanks for sharing Elaine!
This soup was different and very good. It was added to my list of comfort foods. I had leftovers for lunch and it reheated nicely. I will definitely make this again. Thank you!