1/1 Photo of Creamy Cabbage Soup
This is different from the other cabbage soups posted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a stockpot or Dutch oven, saute onions and garlic until softened.
- 2Add cabbage, potatoes, ham and paprika.
- 3Pour in chicken broth, and add a little water if needed to cover ham and vegetables.
- 4Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- 5Drain, reserving liquid. Set aside cabbage, potatoes and ham in a bowl.
- 6With the butter and flour make a roux in your stockpot or Dutch oven. Slowly add reserved liquid, stirring constantly over medium heat until sauce thickens slightly.
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Stir in the cooked vegetables and meat and simmer a few minutes to heat through.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.1
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 38.7 mg
- Sodium 1425.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 19.5 g