Prep 15 mins
Cook 34 mins
a good(for me at least) brussels sprouts recipe
- 1 medium onion, quartered & sliced thin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed & halved
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- preheat oven to 350.lightly coat a 11/2 quart oval baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- in a 12-inch skillet, cook onion & garlic in butter over medium heat for 3 minuites or until softened.
- stir in brussels sprouts & thyme.cook for 4 minuites or until onions begin to brown.
- add broth.bring to a boil.cook,stirring occansionally for 3-4 minuites or until broth nearly evaporates.
- add wipping cream & nutmeg.
- cook for 4 minuites or until mixture begins to thicken.
- transfer to prepared baking dish.
- stir in half of the cheese,the salt & pepper.
- top with remaining chees.
- bake,uncovered for 20-25 minuites or until brussels sprouts are tender.