Creamy Brussels Sprouts and Cheese Soup
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth or 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 lbs frozen Brussels sprouts, partially thawed (can use fresh, just halve them to cook quicker)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 - 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large pot, melt butter; sautee onions and garlic in butter until onions are translucent -- about 5 minutes. Add broth and sprouts; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until sprouts are very tender.
- Add milk, half and half, salt, pepper, paprika, parsley, and cheese. Stir until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Puree in blender/food processor (in batches, if necessary) and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!