Braised Brussels Sprouts (Rachael Ray)
I saw this on Rachael Ray's talk show. I love Brussels sprouts and want to give this a try soon. Let me know how it is!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 pints Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon sage, thinly sliced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 small radicchio, chopped
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat with the EVOO and butter. Add the onions and cook until caramelized, 5-6 minutes.
- Add the sliced Brussels sprouts, allspice, sage, some salt and freshly ground pepper, and toss to combine. Add the stock, bring up to a bubble, then reduce the heat and simmer until the Brussels sprouts are tender, about 15 minutes. In the last three minutes of cooking, stir in the radicchio.
- Serves 4 for a main dish or 6-8 as a side dish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was great. My DH doesn't like Brussels sprouts, either, and ate a good serving. This is a recipe where you want your mise-en-place -- i.e., have everything ready before you fire up the pan, because, although it says "braised", these Brussels sprouts need to cook no longer than the stated time for the freshest flavor.Reply