Recipe by CookingMonster
These are soooo good, if you like Brussels sprouts that is....
Top Review by RFJ
We love brussels sprouts! I'm happy to have found this recipe for a nice change from plain old steamed sprouts! I used fresh brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half. I also cooked for a bit longer than the recipe said (to make sure the sprouts were tender and the dish was nice and bubbly). I also increased the temp to 350 for the last few minutes of cooking. This was such a delicious way to serve sprouts! My only complaint would be that the dish seemed a bit too salty for us. I think next time I will not add salt to the recipe and use low-sodium soup. We can always add salt to taste later on. I'll definitely make this again!
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, frozen
- 2 green onions or 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 soda crackers, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Defrost the brussels sprouts slightly in the microwave, just so you can cut them in half easily with a sharp knife.
- Cut all brussels sprouts in half, if needed so they are all similar in size.
- In another bowl, mix the rest of ingredients, add the brussels sprouts and toss lightly until they are all coated.
- Put into a greased casserole dish and bake about 1/2 hour in 325 degree oven until bubbly hot and the brussels sprouts are nice and tender.