Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I'm not sure where I got this recipe, but I've had it for years. This is one that my kids request when they come over for dinner. I've used onion and chive cream cheese with great results too. I'm guessing that this could also be made in a crockpot.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices bacon, honey-maple smoked is good
- 4 slices cream cheese, about the size of your finger
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt and pepper
- green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Pound out the chicken breasts until flattened out a bit and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Put a slice of cream cheese in the middle of each one and sprinkle with chives and roll up each one.
- Wrap each rolled breast with a slice of bacon and secure with toothpick.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth to make the sauce.
- Place the rolled chicken breasts in a well greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish and pour over the sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about an hour or until chicken is cooked and juicy.
This was awesome.........a little on the fattening side but delish! I also used cream of mushroom soup and onion and chive cream cheese and then added some fresh sliced shrooms. Served over some wild rice..........definitely a keeper! Thanks!!
Yummy chicken! Really easy to make too. I accidently opened a can of cream of mushroom soup so I used that instead of the cream of chicken, but it worked with it nicely. i think it would be great served over pasta with the sauce all over, but the hubs doesn't like pasta so I didn't make any. Nice supper. Thanks for posting!
Made for Photo Tag. *happy sigh* We love this dish! Its flavourful and simple to make and comfort food at the same time. As you will notice we added mushrooms...we kinda like em...LOL YUMMMMmmmm