Recipe by lazyme
I'm not sure where I got this recipe, but I've had it for years. This is one that my kids request when they come over for dinner. I've used onion and chive cream cheese with great results too. I'm guessing that this could also be made in a crockpot.
Top Review by joelnkel
This was awesome.........a little on the fattening side but delish! I also used cream of mushroom soup and onion and chive cream cheese and then added some fresh sliced shrooms. Served over some wild rice..........definitely a keeper! Thanks!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices bacon, honey-maple smoked is good
- 4 slices cream cheese, about the size of your finger
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt and pepper
- green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Pound out the chicken breasts until flattened out a bit and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Put a slice of cream cheese in the middle of each one and sprinkle with chives and roll up each one.
- Wrap each rolled breast with a slice of bacon and secure with toothpick.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth to make the sauce.
- Place the rolled chicken breasts in a well greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish and pour over the sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about an hour or until chicken is cooked and juicy.